Turkey Alters Passport Rules
By Rupert Connor
There are some additional requirements for travel to Turkey.
- The traveler’s passport must be valid for at least 60 days beyond the visa dates.
- Turkish tourist visas are generally valid for 6 months, therefore visitors should have a passport that is valid for eight months beyond entry date.
- Passports should have enough blank space to allow for Turkish entry and exit stamps.
- If there is not enough space for entry and exit stamps in your passport, you will be denied entry into Turkey.
- Get Turkish entry stamps on the passport page containing your visa at the first Turkish port of entry prior to transferring to domestic flights.
- Failure to obtain these stamps may create difficulties when you leave Turkey.
- Have your passport stamped when leaving Turkey.
- Without an exit stamp, you may be prohibited re-entry to Turkey or be subject to a fine on your next visit.
Tourists may obtain a visa online at the Turkish government’s e-Visa website.