The United States Coast Guard (USCG) Marine Safety Alert - Nov. 15
The US Coast Guard has issued a safety alert 11-15 regarding the operation of high volume industrial dryers aboard vessels. The alert has relevance to yachts – particularly during periods of high volume use.
The safety alert presents opportunities to:
- Review the vessel SMS for inclusion of:
- Inspection procedures of laundry equipment/extinguishing systems
- Maintenance of laundry equipment and spaces
- “Fire on Board” procedures
- Use of flammable fluid protocol
- Present “Fire on Board” procedure at the monthly safety meeting
- Review use of fire extinguishing equipment
- Highlight location of fire extinguishing equipment on board
View the full text of the alert here.